.
Well, it looks like I, who have been extremely reluctant to join the "bloggers", now find myself in posession of my very own cyber-soapbox. I have always felt that bloggers are basically narcissists only interested in establishing a Cult of Personality (a paraphrase from Peter Isackson) or bored teenagers seeking to expand the possibilities of future embarrassments (once it's online, it lives forever...).
But finally I have found something that is important enough to me, and I hope, to others as time goes on, to make me pick up my virtual pen (keyboard) and start writing. And I find that as I write this, I hope it does go on, go viral, as it were, because it is so very important.
The reason for this departure from my cynical (and much easier) position can be found at http://www.stlazaresucks.blogspot.com/ . If this is what blogs are about, this kind of passionate speaking to an increasingly urgent issue, then I completely retract my previous position and am jumping firmly on the blogging bandwagon.
It may take a while, but I hope to figure out how to help NightMare in a more concrete way, but for now I am doing what I can in this virtual world. I hope anyone reading this entry will go immediately to the link above and read Night Mare's blog, and follow it as it grows. I hope that anyone who can, will spare a moment of time to act, either with cyber-support in responding to that blog or this one (or both), or, better yet, with actual concrete support, such as petition signing or information gathering.
This may seem like an isolated incident in a small town in Quebec, but it is part of a much larger picture, in which the landscape is changing incrementally and irreversably into a dismal map of rural overdevelopment and suburban sprawl.
We can help to try to stop this. We SHOULD help to try to stop this.
Don't you think?
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well Alpha...Night Mare THANKS you for your support! As we know, any action taken by those incompotent buch of certifiable idiots, affects all of us who are even remotely associated to the equestrian community in St. Lazare.
Looking at the kind of support we seem to have...I almost feel sorry for them. Well...no not really.
Looking forward to meeting everyone at Bravo 6:30 December 2 prior to the next council meeting.
Peace out folks,
Night Mare
Post a Comment